Call for Papers and Lectures
The Third International Conference on Human Rights and Cultures:
Non- Aligned Movement and
Enhancement of International Cooperation
in the Field of Human Rights
Tehran, 3- 5 November 2013
The Non-Aligned Movement Center for Human Rights and Cultural Diversity
in Cooperation with some Prestigious Local and International Institutions
In line with its motto “ Diverse Cultures towards the Advancement of Human Rights”, the NAM Center for Human Rights and Cultural Diversity (NAMCHRCD) will hold its third international conference on human rights and cultures to provide an academic forum for scholars and practitioners all over the world to arrive at a shared idea, experience and understanding on the issues related to human rights and cultural diversity.
To this end and on the role the Non-Aligned Movement can play towards the advancement of human rights and humanitarian law, one of the resolutions has been initiated by the NAM and adopted by the UN for several years entitled, “Enhancement of International Cooperation in the Field of Human Rights” is of the focus of this conference.
Based on the UN documentations on the issue, and the study prepared by the UN Advisory Committee (A/HRC/19/74), some of the subthemes of the conference are as follows:
• The legal definition of international cooperation in the field of human rights;
• Operationalization of the concept of international cooperation in the field of human
• Best practices enabling the reinforcement of international cooperation in the field of
• The areas and the role of key actors (UN agencies, funds and programmes).
• The role NAM and developing counties can play towards the enhancement of
international cooperation in the field of human rights and humanitarian law;
• Challenges for international cooperation in the field of human rights and humanitarian
• Paper and Lecture Submission Requirements
• Candidate authors of papers and key note speakers are cordially invited to forward the abstracts of their papers/ lectures in English (approx. 250- 500 words) in Microsoft Word format, to the following address: email@example.com by the deadline of 31 May 2013 along with an autobiography (maximum up to 300 words).
• The Secretariat will review the abstracts and inform the applicants of the decision of
• Key note speakers are not required provide full papers for the conference but candidate authors of papers need to email their full papers by the deadline of 31 July 2013 for the final review. It should be noted that the admission of an abstract does not necessarily imply the admission of a paper.
• The Secretariat would request authors to prepare papers exclusively for this conference, in the sense that they are not previously published or presented in other fora.
• The Secretariat will provide the opportunity for the authors and key note speakers to present their papers/lectures during the conference either by poster or by
• NAMCHRCD would be pleased to provide the authors of the admitted papers and keynote speakers with accommodation, transportation and meals in Tehran during their stay at the conference.
• A limited amount of funding will be provided for covering flight expenses of NAM citizen authors of best accepted papers coming from developing countries. Applicants who require financial assistance should inform the secretariat in advance.
• The abstracts of papers/ lectures along with the autobiographies of authors/ speakers
will be published in February 2014 in “the 2013 NAMCHRCD Annual Report”.
• Accepted papers will be published in the third digital volume of “the NAM Yearbook
on Human Rights and Cultural Diversity” which will be available on the website of the
Center :www.namchrcd.com in September 2014.
Registration Requirements only for Audience (Not Speakers):
Filled in Application Form: Please contact: Ms. Alvandi at: Zahra.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Fee: 1800000 Iranian Rials (60 $) to be paid to the Secretariat.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, 30 October 2013.
Languages: The working language of the event is English.
Venue: Iranian Centre for International Conferences, Tehran
Time: 8:30- 18:00
Contact: Dr. Kamran Hashemi, at: email@example.com
Speakers and Participants Will Receive Valid Certificates